Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hubby's first time in a LSS.

I forgot to mention that my dh had his first trip to a scrapbook store last Saturday. He wanted to check out a Kayak store in Rockford he found on the internet, and I decided to go with him just get out of the house. On the way up there we past "Captured Moments - Scrapbook Superstore" and of course I had to point it out to him. Well on the way back he pulled in there because I was such a good sport about standing around looking at a bunch of boats and paddles.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to go kayaking too, but the whole "let's discuss the dimension of a kayak and the weight of a paddle" bores me. My feelings are, give me a boat and paddle and show me the water.

Well anyways, when we walked in he was shocked at how much stuff there was. Then he started asking me questions about all the tools and such. He finally got bored and said that I could shop. You don't have to tell me twice. Well after I bought my whole $15 worth of stuff (I was being good) I said I was ready to go. He asked if I had gotten what I wanted, and what do you think I said..."well there is something else that I want but that's ok." Being the loving husband that he is, he asked what it was. It's the Blossom Alphabet set for the Quickutz Revolution (which I can use on my cuttlebug), it was on sale for $90 (reg. $150). I showed it to him, and boy was he in a good mood because he said I could get it! I jumped up and down, let out a squeel, and gave him a big hug. All the women in the store laughed and he became the hero for the day. I'm sure they're still talking about what a wonderful husband he is and what a freak I am.

Later that night, I asked him what he thought of the store and he said, "I didn't know there were stores dedicated to just scrapbooking." Well DUH! Where does he think I'm going when I tell him I'm going to the scrapbook store? So again, I dropped my little hint about openning my own SB store. Now that he's seen a thriving store, he became a little more open to the idea...at least for the moment.

Well enough of my rambling, I hope you enjoyed my little story.

BTW - I used my new "Blossom" alpha set on my Trick-or-Treat page below.

3 comments:

  1. I did enjoy your story! VERY cute! MY DH always tells me to buy things when he goes with me. It kind of weirds me out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a keeper! LOL!
    My DH is very supportive about me opening a store but I'm not so sure...too many commitments, unpleasant surprises - too many things I've seen while working at different LSSs or friends who were owners. Probably not for me. Maybe that's why I design! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the story!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete